Our providers participate with most major health insurance plans.
We suggest you contact your health insurance plan before your appointment to verify benefits and coverage and to confirm that your Colon and Rectal Surgeon is a participating provider.
If your health insurance plan requires a referral, it is your responsibility to obtain this referral prior to your appointment.
Participating Insurance Carriers
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change without notice.
- Aetna including Aetna HMO, Elect Choice EPO, Managed Choice POS and Open Choice PPO
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- Anthem HealthKeepers
- Cigna including Managed Care Plans: HMO or POS Open Access, Open Access Plus, Network Open Access, PPO or EPO
- Great West PPO (GWH)
- Coventry Healthcare of Virginia including: Carelink – Bon Secours Tier 1, Coventry One PPO, HMO, POS, PPO, Coventry National Network, Mail Handlers PPO, First Health PPO, Coventry One POS
- Medicaid including Standard and HMO (Healthkeepers Plus & Optima Health Family Care)
- Medicare Advantage Plans including Humana and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Optima Health (formerly Sentara)
- Private Healthcare Systems PPO (PHCS)
- Tricare Standard
- United Healthcare including OneNet PPO, MDIPA, MAMSI and Optimum Choice
Patients should bring a valid insurance card with them to each appointment.